Thursday, April 2, 2009

WORD OF WISDOM .... ON THURSDAY!!!

"I'm learning to accept the lack of privacy as the real downer in my profession."

Born Maria Halle Berry
August 14, 1966 (age 42)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Years active 1989-present
Spouse(s) David Justice (1992–1997)
Eric BenĂ©t (2001–2005)
Domestic partner(s) Gabriel Aubry (2005–present)

The words above, from one of my MOST favorites ... Halle Berry of course! ... are so indicative of what I have been feeling the last three weeks ... forget that ... the last THREE MONTHS ... or years ... whatever's most honest! lol.  Between being completely violated in the airport .. to feeling like everyone knows your every move on myspace, facebook, ning, and twitter (p.s. follow us at www.twitter.com/authenticfamc), to feeling like day in and day out you are making yourself completely available to artists, managers, friends, family, students, colleagues, etc, I REALLY CRAVE THAT KHOLI QUALITY TIME.

But you know what?  I daily realize, that although I think ... "kholi ... do it anyways ... this is what you were chosen to do" ... it's really not about what I've chosen at all.  THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN CHOSEN TO DO. And this is why it matters.

I have honestly realized that sometimes, we complain about our greatest blessings.  

"I have too much work to do. ... I can't believe this flight is taking this long ... I can't believe this line is this long ... I wish I didn't have to go to this meeting."

Honestly, in this economy, when people are losing jobs, homes, cars, families, LIVES, when people have not even been given the opportunities that we have, let alone the opportunity to complain about them ... WE SHOULD TAKE THESE TOUGH DAYS ... and BE GRATEFUL ... not for struggle ... but for the fruit of the struggle, for the gift of what sometimes feels like a curse ... even for the lack of privacy ... because it means that somewhere ... in the masses of those that just want to be nosey ... there is someone that genuinely wants to know if you are ok ... if you are safe ... wants you to know that you are loved.

because it just feels right ... NAMASTE.

Get Real.  Get Right.

Stay AUTHENTIC.

No comments: