Saturday, April 11, 2009

The khoLi-oLi Catch UP! ... The F*I*X // WOC // DE LECHE: Philly Black PRIDE


What can I really say people? Last night was AMAZING ... but not like ... ohhh ... it was just some dope poets! or some dope singers! or some dope dancers!

But because it was ALL of that and MORE in ONE PLACE! Like Really! Like I KID YOU
NOT!

Okkkk ... I see you don't believe me. -_- .... Well then let me just give you a brief rundown of some of the folks who blessed the mic ... You READY?!? I doubt it. You might think you know ... but trust. YOU HAVE NO IDEA!


First of all ... BE EXCITED ... the first two women you would have seen last night were my JOVI BABY and Selina Carrera!


Ya! I knowwww ... I almost got a lil' hot too! It's OK. My friends areeee indeed sweltering!

AND THEN ... as if THAT weren't enough .... the list of those who graced the mic (oooh, you knowww, in NO particular order ....


who if you didn't know ... goes a lil somethin' like this




AND this



and clearly if you clicked on the link you know that she SINGS TOO! AND DID SHE last night!

okkk okkk i digress.

2. Jus Greg (who, yes, I KNOW ... you have seen in the Brave New Voices
episodes with the Philly Youth Slam Team ... and YES ... you can see them NEXT SATURDAY @ The Rotunda in Philly!)

3. AUTHENTIC's own AUTHENTIC CHICK OF THE MONTH Ms. Wise



6. Mara



9. ME MYSELF and IIIII ... uhhh ... don't play me ... you KNOW I oft times call myself a poet.

"which means i did lie, i do lie, and i am presently lying because the craziest thing i ever heard after spittin' one of my poems ... was somebody talkin' bout they wanted to be deep JUST LIKE ME."

10. BEST PART ABOUT IT IS THERE WERE SOOOOO MANY MORE ... I can't even remember the names! If I'm forgetting anyone ... PLEASE charge it to the 4am drive back to NJ and this 9:39 am blog. NOT ME.

okkk ... i'm gonna stop rambling now ... i think the $5 entry and $3 happy hour and random break dancers and several poets and singers both male and female im forgetting to name and MASS of pretty people speaks for itself. ya. you right. it does. ::giggle::


AND .... From Last Week ...


YO! I still have very few ACTUAL words to give about this conference ... right now it mostly sounds like
....

ah ah ahhhhh ... you know where to go if you want more words ... and more pics from The F*I*X!


No comments: