Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Virgin no more but Jeezy needs a reality check

Hello ladies!!

So this is my first time...blogging that is. Be gentle. Carrie (a.k.a. Kholi) says people of the world should hear the silliness that comes out of my mouth on a frequent basis...so here it goes :-)


I was listening to the radio on my way from class on Inauguration Day. So the DJ comes on and acts like the song he is about to play is the anthem for the day and somehow describes this amazing moment in history. He came off like this was about to be some deep shit...prophetic even. I should have been suspicious at this point (being that this was 102 JAMZ and all) because this hype was coming from a fool named "Tap Money."


You know what it was folks...Jeezy's "My President is Black."


AAAAGHH!!! Wake up people!! This is not okay!


Let me 'splain son'ting to ju...

Any song with these lyrics IS NOT a good representation of the change that has come to our nation. You cannot in the same breath talk about the all the "white" you sell and then turn right around and say "Obama for mankind." I repeat...this is not okay! And never ever ever ever is it appropriate to reference Dr. King like he would even approve of such tomfoolery. Jeezy goes on to say, "Stuntin on Martin Luther, feelin just like a king / Guess this is what he meant when he said that he had a dream." I say...NO! You simple bastard!! Perpetuating the image of the black man as an uneducated criminal is not what Dr. King had in mind, nor is it what President Obama meant when he spoke about reaffirming our enduring spirit.


So...if you ever meet Jeezy, tell him... "Shut the hell up while we're trying to make some damn progress!"


And for those who haven't heard the song or have never paid attention to the lyrics, I've posted a link to them. And now...

COONERY AT ITS FINEST

1 comment:

Kholi said...

yo! this made me hollar!

FO REAL!!!

i never imagined that ppl would make that song all that it is today ... like AN ANTHEM .. for real.