Wednesday, March 11, 2009

WORD OF WISDOM .... x2!!!

Hey Ladies!  As always!  Mikey's ON IT!  Clearly he had your W.O.W. wayyyyy before I could even get myself away from grading papers and reading 400 pages of 2oth century Black Radical thought to think about you!  But come onnnnn ... WHO LOVES YOU BABY?!?

Soooo ... ok.  I fold.  Maybe Mikey loves you more today. :(

But Look what I brought you!  


Toni Cade Bambara

loves you too!

(so ya ... pay attention!  take notes. -_-)



Sister Warrior,

You called me up without knowing. Through repetition, through attraction. I saw people putting my name on your door. Saw you holding onto that old copy of the The Black Woman. Saw you mis-spelling “irresistable” everywhere you went.

What asha says about you and Audre is true for us. I would have loved you. And I do, through the sisters and daughters who I have sent into your life, who have carried me to you with love. Cheryll, Nikky, Kai and Aishah are the living doorways for our ongoing love. Of course we would love each other, and hear me when they tell you of their love, and I will be listening when you remember to tell them.

Now listen. The most urgent thing to tell you is that your health and the future of this world are caught up intimately. Center your wholeness. Start your day with feeding your spirit, feeding yourself before you get to everyone else you want to feed. And use our examples to truly understand what it means for this culture to be cancerous, and yet to still be the place we live. Grapple with that as you love yourself, as you love your community, as you make choices as to what and who your time and energy will embrace, and as you notice the limits of your body young one, remember your spirit, because we are all here, cheering, laughing, remembering and waiting for you to practice and fulfill being whole and at home.

With all the urgency of morning,

Toni Cade
(source)

I mean DO NOT ACT like you can't use TWO Words of Wisdom this Wednesday.  COME ON!

Stay Real.  Stay AUTHENTIC.

No comments: