Tuesday, November 30, 2010

@uthentic Favorites...take ONE!

Who is authentic?!
What is authentic?!
Why authentic?!

Let me make this easy for you...Authentic is You! I know, cliche..but it's true. Authentic was formed to showcase female artistry AND to physically bring people together who simply love music and art and want to know the latest in both categories.

We're like..your favorite past time, or at least want to be.

This blog right here....is the outlet in which I will communicate with you because I'm taking a MUCH needed break to just breathe and work on some big projects for 2011.

I have to say, it's been fun partying with all of you! But every now and then...a break is needed, right?! ;-) so i'm taking it.

I wanted to continue to stay active and share with you the many things I find pleasure in. It's true...Authentic was formed because i'm a bit selfish and created something i felt was missing in Philly. As a writer, lover of music and the visual arts...i wanted all of those things in one place.

But, as any goal..once its made, you should ask yourself...What's Next! This is the platform for that next step ;-)

So, without further discourse, I shall jump start @uthentic Favorites!


Today being World AIDS Day! I saw it fitting to expose one of the many campaigns targeting raising funds for children living with HIV/AIDS. Keep a Child Alive promoted their BUY LIFE campaign by featuring celebrities in t-shirts that can be purchased by you...and proceeds will benefit children and the programs and services Keep a Child Alive develops. And, if you don't want a shirt...you can simply donate $..as every penny helps.

Most of you may know that I have a sincere obsession with music...and culture associated with specific music. AfroPunk is one of them...i have been an avid follower of AfroPunk since 2004...and I LOVE what the documentary brought to the Black community of punk music lovers and for those punk music lovers (like me) who never found a place to fit-in musically because many didn't realize that rock is...ahem, Black music!

So, this past summer..AfroPunk hosted their annual festival in Brooklyn and featured an artist we adore so much, Lichiban of nyc!! She's a favorite and anything she does is @uthentic...so if you're in nyc...you should check out the event she's involved in this Saturday!
You can find more information >>here<< href="http://www.artst.com/">ARTST>>its a cool network community for artists of all mediums!

And let me also get out that Authentic is for everyone and not simply for artists...though we feature them. Everyone has a creative side...and most can say they like new music and/or new artists to view...so don't hesitate to send me things I should know about based on YOUR interest ;-)

until tomorrow.

3 comments:

Beautiful Home said...

I Like it.

Unknown said...

I like this blog so much

tour operators in coimbatore

rs2joy said...



Overall, it looks like Blizzard feels that Hearthstone is in a very good express right now.That is definitely correct that the particular randomized technicians from the most recent development have provided a change associated with speed for the most down and dirty people.But as Brode referred for you to, it's going to be interesting to find out what sort of video game stands up over the long term as Blizzard brings more wacky aspects on the meta.RS Gold